Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Initial Boards

In this post I'm going to share some of the storyboards and thumbnails I drew for the short. I usually thumbnail them real quick in my sketchbook, on flashcards, or on a storyboard panel, and try to figure out the space, the camera angle, and the staging. This phase is usually dedicated to thinking/exploring the possibilities of the better looking frame/pose to hit, and it helps me shaving off all the unwanted fat.

Here's some camera work out of my sketchbook.


These are some of the boards I drew on panels with little sound FX/reminders and notes on the side. 




 And here's one of the scenes that I had to kiss good by; It was just too long and unnecessary for the story, I did these on flashcards.




















And below is a link to the boards in untimed animatic form.

No comments:

Post a Comment